- Access Study Smart for free online and face-to-face assistance for your assignments. Select the service which is right for you, when you need it.
- Study Smart gives you access to a range of self-help resources, including the Assignment Calculator which you can use to plan your assignments.
- Access Studiosity in vUWS for live one-on-one academic skills support and an academic writing feedback service.
Contact a Librarian
- Do you have a question? Our Online Librarians are available during Library opening hours
- Our Study Smart Librarians are experts at researching topics, information management, understanding referencing styles and more.
Academic Skills Pocketbook
The Academic Skills Pocketbook
- Constructing a search strategy
- Understanding the different types of information sources
- The Library search box: basic searching skills
- Searching for open access, online and print books
- Searching for journals
- Searching for journal articles
- Searching for audiovisual resources
- Evaluating your information
- Managing your references
- Using information ethically
Successful Searching for Business
- Business Information Essentials: Introduces high quality information sources and professional skills specifically relating to the business disciplinary area.
Successful Searching for Law
- Introduction to Legal Research: Explains legal research principles and terminology. Provides guidance in locating secondary sources, Australian legislation and case law and is particularly relevant to law students.
- AGLC Referencing Tutorial: This interactive tutorial that allows you to practice on real content - Cases, Legislation, Journal articles, Books, Newspapers and Internet Materials.
- Pre-reading Techniques: Pre-reading helps you decide whether a text is relevant for your goals.
- Selective Reading Techniques: Selective reading helps you read academic texts efficiently.
- RefQuest: An interactive, monster-fighting game to assist with learning about different referencing styles and when to use them. Created in collaboration with Learning Futures.