School Librarians are committed to working with academic staff to support teaching and learning. We are the first point of contact for Schools and Institutes regarding scaffolded and embedded, academic and information literacies across programs.
We contribute to new subject and program development, curriculum review and program accreditation. We provide expert advice on discipline level collection development and subject readings and resources, including open educational resources such as open textbooks.
We will help you with the:
- Creation of learning resources tailored to discipline curriculum requirements
- Design and delivery of resources and activities to engage and develop academic and information literacies skills in your teaching and research
- Curation of collections relevant to and supportive of your teaching and research initiatives
Our work extends beyond the classroom in:
- School Academic Committees
- Learning & Teaching Advisory Groups
- School/Institute Research & Higher Degree Committees
- Multi-Disciplinary Teaching and Learning Committees
Welcome to Western Sydney University Library.
Please contact your School Librarian to arrange an introduction to the Library, our services and resources.