EndNote is a reference management solution with both a desktop and online component.
EndNote allows you to import references from library catalogues or other electronic databases, and to search, edit and integrate referencing and citation into a Word document.
Western Sydney University students and staff may download one copy of the software to a personal computer from the Library website.
Please see the Library FAQs relating to installation for your operating system:
Staff on university devices will find EndNote in the Software Centre, under Applications.
To download EndNote:
- Installers are located here. You will need to Sign in to My Library if you haven't already done so.
- Select the link to Digital Object.
- Download the appropriate EndNote 21 for your operating system.
A basic version of EndNote Online is also freely available for general public use.
Further information on installing, using and Library provided EndNote training can be found on our EndNote Subject Guide.
EndNote Training Sessions
EndNote training offered by the Library is available to Western Sydney University staff and students only.
Each session consists of:
- An introduction to creating, building, and managing a collection of bibliographic references using EndNote software;
- An introduction on how to use EndNote for in-text citation, the automatic generation of bibliographies and the functions of EndNote with Microsoft Word;
- How the library catalogue and databases can be used to create EndNote libraries electronically, quickly, and efficiently.
Program prerequisite: Prior to attending, please refer to the EndNote information page and installation instructions on the Library FAQs about EndNote.
Training Session Bookings
Bookings are available to current Western Sydney University staff and students only.
Check the calendar to see when the next session is scheduled and to book.
If you require further assistance contact the library.