In 2023, the Library and Research Services will continue to support academics and higher degree researchers to publish open access journal articles. Western Sydney University now has more agreements in place with key publishers to assist with fees for Article Processing Charges (APCs).
The following options are available in 2023 for researchers who want to access fee support.
Read and Publish Agreements
- Read & Publish Agreements allow researchers to publish Open Access, with no Article Processing Charges (APCs)
- Review the current Read & Publish Agreements to see if your journal is included in the agreement
- Follow the Author instructions listed on the Read and Publish page.
Central funding for Article Processing Charges
Central funding for APCs has changed in 2023 and will now only be available for a limited number of publishers
- If funds are available, your article meets the eligibility guidelines and you are publishing with any of our current publisher accounts your APC fee may be covered.
- Apply for funding support and the library will be in contact with the outcome of your application
- There are some publishers that offer discounted article processing charges (APCs) when you submit an article for open access publication using a Western Sydney University affiliation and email address.