The Western Sydney University’s Academic Literacy Strategy’s purpose is to outline and provide a coherent and integrated approach to academic literacy practice and skills development for our students.
Literacy skills are essential in a wide range of disciplines and occupations. People with strong information and academic skills are better equipped to solve problems, make informed decisions, and adapt to the ever-changing demands of the workplace. Employers look for these skills in their employees.
School Librarians offer a literacy support service that provides a range of activities and resources to help students become confident learners, produce better results, achieve graduate attributes and enhance employability.
We do this by working with you to:
- Design and develop bespoke learning activities and resources to support academic literacy outcomes
- Embed and scaffold academic literacies into curricula across the span of your program
- Deliver academic literacy and information literacy lectures, tutorials, and workshops
- Provide academic integrity instruction and educative support in cases of academic misconduct
Our planning is informed by the
- Program and Subject Learning Outcomes
- Curriculum Design and Approvals Policy
- Sustainability Graduate Attribute and Sustainability Competencies