Funded by student SSAF fees, the Library offers extended access at identified campus libraries to current Western students and staff and registered Alumni, at different times of the year, under Study Hall conditions.
Library Study Hall conditions operate after the library closes. Normal library rules regarding food and behaviour apply under study hall conditions.
During Study Hall hours, you will be able to:
- tap/swipe in using a valid Western Sydney University ID* card to access the library. If your card does not work, please see the Campus Safety and Security office
- There is a security guard on duty, no Library staff.
- use the self-service machines to borrow and return items from the main library collection;
- access Reserve and Requested items but not borrow them;
- use the public desktop computers;
- use the printing, photocopying and scanning facilities.
You will not be able to access assistance with equipment, staff areas or any courtyards.
*Alumni members will need to attract the attention of the security guard and present their GradLife card together with photo ID.
Library Study Hall Hours
Library Study Hall generally operates after the campus library closes during Autumn and Spring session at identified campuses. Hours and dates will vary between campuses. See our Hours and Locations page for campus-specific information.
If you have any queries, please contact the Library.
Feedback about this service is welcome.