Western Sydney University is a member of the CAUL (Council of Australasian University Librarians) consortium which negotiates sector-wide Read & Publish Agreements on behalf of university libraries. These Agreements combine APCs (“Publish”) with library subscription costs (“Read”) into a single agreement for each publisher.
In 2022, the University has subscribed to three Read & Publish agreements that will enable authors to publish their articles in selected open access journals. The Library will be monitoring usage and will review our subscription toward the end of 2022. If you have questions or comments about the Read and Publish Agreements, contact your School Librarian.
- Includes publishing to 27 hybrid journals.
- List of Titles
- Author Information
- How to use MA Healthcare CAUL Open Access promotion code
SUPPORTING OPEN ACCESS FEES
Institutional funds may be available to support publication in fully open access journals. Check to see if you are eligible and find out how to apply.
There are some publishers that offer discounted article processing charges (APCs) when you submit an article for open access publication using a Western Sydney University affiliation and email address.
- BioMed Central and SpringerOpen - 15% discount
- MDPI - For any manuscript where at least one author is an affiliated author, MDPI will grant a 10% reduction on the published APC for the journal.
- Royal Society of Chemistry journals – 15% discount is automatically applied to the APCs upon acceptance of an article where the corresponding author uses their institution’s email domain.
- Elsevier – 12.5% discount on hybrid titles
- IGI Global – WSU have a small number of free APCs and CPCs available under IGI Global’s OA Fee Waiver (Read & Publish) Initiative.