As a research student, locating theses in your subject area is useful for many reasons:
- To ensure your research topic is original
- Their extensive reference lists are an invaluable resource
- Examine research methodologies in your field
- Gain an awareness of the look and feel of theses in your discipline
Locating Western Sydney University Theses
Click into 'Advanced Search' and limit results to 'Thesis'
Locating Australian Theses
Trove indexes Western Sydney University, Australian and international theses held in Australian libraries and links to the full-text of theses held in Australian university repositories. Limit the search to Theses and enter keywords or thesis title if known.
Locating International Theses
Many sources index/contain international thesis such as:
- ProQuest Dissertations & Thesis Global contains the full-text of thousands of international, interdisciplinary theses and information about some written as early as 1743.
- OpenDissertations Freely available international PhD and Masters theses.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations is an international organisation providing free electronic access to theses from participating universities.
- OAIster is a union catalogue of difficult to find digital resources including theses. Under 'Content' narrow your search to 'theses/dissertations'.
- Google Scholar harvests theses from research repositories but limiting to theses as a publication type is not possible so locating them can be problematic.