While Western Sydney University has an extensive collection to support the teaching and research needs of the University community you may want to search beyond or collection for further resources. Some good places to start are:
- Trove. Trove is a discovery tool focused on Australia and Australians. It supplements data found in general search engines with additional information available to the National library of Australia, providing a rich information experience.
- Libraries Australia. Libraries Australia is a searchable database managed by the National Library of Australia. It aims to provide access to the records of all materials held by Australian libraries, and underpins Trove
- Australian Libraries Gateway. The Australian Libraries Gateway provides a consolidated, searchable list of Australian Libraries, including basic information regarding collections, locations and opening hours.
- WorldCat. Allows you to search the holdings of over 10,000 libraries worldwide.
- Ulrichsweb: Global Serials Directory Source of detailed information on periodicals of all types, the Ulrich's records provide data points such as ISSN, publisher, language, subject, abstracting & indexing coverage, full-text database coverage, tables of contents, and reviews written by librarians.
If you think something should be in our collections you can always make a suggestions for purchase.
Accessing other collections
If you need an item that is not available from within the Western Sydney Universities collections, Postgraduate and Staff members may be able to access a physical or digital copy from another institution through the Document Delivery service.
Borrowing from other university libraries
Western Sydney University participates in the University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ) reciprocal borrowing scheme that allows staff and students of participating member universities to obtain borrowing privileges from other participating university libraries.
To join, check the relevant institutions library website. They will require you to complete an application form and submit evidence of current enrolment or employment at WSU. Annual membership expires on the 28th of February each year, with a minimal annual fee for students