The University Library serves the Western Sydney University community by providing high quality services and collections and a pleasant environment that is conducive to study and research.
All Library clients are required to abide by the Library Rules.
CONTRIBUTE TO A PLEASANT STUDY ENVIRONMENT BY:
- Ensuring all permitted food and drinks have appropriate lids/covers
- Placing all rubbish in the bins provided
- Returning all materials to designated areas within the Library
REFRAIN FROM THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
Any disturbance which disrupts research or study or interferes with normal use of the library:
- Noise, rowdiness and disruptive or offensive behaviour or language
- Conversation in Silent study areas or other areas as signposted
- Harassment of other clients or Library staff
- Use of mobile phones which have not been switched to silent/vibrate or use in speaker mode
- Use of mobile phones in Silent study areas
- Smoking, vaping, using e-cigarettes or alcohol consumption
Improper use of Library facilities and/or resources:
- Use of Library computing facilities for purposes not related to research or study, including access to inappropriate web sites and gaming
- Deliberate damage, defacement, mutilation, removal or attempted removal of Library materials or property
Clients are required to comply with Western Sydney University Policies including the Student Misconduct Rule, and with State and Federal legislation.
Failure to observe this Code of Conduct may lead to exclusion and possible withdrawal of Library privileges.
Executive Director, Library