- Your student/staff card is your Library card.
- Obtain your student card. New staff should contact their supervisor to obtain a staff ID card.
- Familiarise yourself with the loan conditions.
- Library items may be borrowed from and returned to any of the campus libraries listed above. Return chutes are located within or near each library entrance.
- Wherever possible, items should be borrowed and returned using the Self-Service Machine located within the campus library.
- You are responsible for all transactions on your record in the Library system.
- Lost cards should be reported to the Library to ensure no unauthorised use.
- You Library card may also be used as a stored credit facility for photocopying and printing.
Please note: Overdue items attract late fees. To help you avoid fees, the library sends courtesy reminder notices two (2) days prior to an item's due date.
You are responsible for the timely return of borrowed items irrespective of the receipt or non-receipt of email notices. Please see Managing Your Loans and Requests for further information.
Items For Loan
If the item you need is unavailable at your "home" library, you may visit the campus library which has a copy available and borrow the item. Alternatively, you may request an item to be delivered via the Intercampus Delivery service for pick up at a nominated campus library.
- Items may be requested by current University staff, students and current WSU Alumni members via the Library Search Box 'Request' link.
- A courtesy availability email will be sent to your email account once the item is ready to collect.
- Items will be held for seven (7) days at the nominated pickup location.
- Requests cannot be placed by clients with overdue items and/or fees of $10 or greater.
- If available at the time of request, items will be delivered to the nominated library within three working days via the Intercampus Delivery service.
View a demonstration for placing a request.
A Library courier service delivers materials from one Western library to another for University staff, students and current WSU Alumni members. There is no charge for this service.
Note: the courier service is not available to or from Sydney City Campus.
Most items are available for Intercampus delivery, with the following exceptions:
- Reserve Collection material
- Not for loan materials
- Special collections
Managing Your Loans And Requests
You can login to My Library to:
- Review items on loan and see their due dates
- Renew items on loan
- View the status of requested items
- Review any outstanding fees
Courtesy notices are sent to your Western Sydney University email account to alert you to:
- Library items due for return
- Requested items available for collection
- Overdue items/fees
Please check your Western Sydney University email account regularly to take full advantage of this service.
Renewing Borrowed Items
Most items have renewals available. Items must be renewed on or before the due date in the following ways:
- By logging into My Library and renewing online
- Via the Self-Service Machine (please note the due date on the receipt issued)
- By phone or at the Service Desk if assistance is required during opening hours
How To Return Items
With the exception of Reserve Collection material, items may be returned to any Western Sydney University Library.
Returns chutes are located near each Library entrance. Items may also be returned via the Self-Service Machines located inside each Library.
Reserve Collection material must be returned to the lending library and handed to a staff member at the Service Desk.
Items may also be returned via Australia Post. These will be deemed returned on the day they are received by the Library, not date of mailing. Fees apply to late returns.
Mail returns to:
Western Sydney University
Locked Bag 1797
Penrith, NSW, 2751
Sometimes it may be necessary for the Library to recall material on loan. This will usually happen if the material is in high demand and required for the Reserve Collection
- Recalled items have a shortened loan period of seven days from the date of recall or the original due date whichever falls first
- Recalled items are subject to late fees if not returned by the new due date
Print Journal Articles
University students and staff may request copies of articles held in print journals, held only at a campus library other than your home library. These articles are scanned and emailed to your Western email account.
To request an article from another campus library:
- Check item is available via the Library search box
- Send the complete citation for the required article to email@example.com. Be sure to include the journal title, volume/issue number, year of publication, article title and author and the page numbers if available
- Please allow two working days for delivery of item via your Western email.