Requesting items not held at Western Sydney University
The Library obtains items not held by Western Sydney University Library for eligible clients in support of teaching, learning and research.
- Current Western Sydney University staff
- Currently enrolled Western Sydney University PhD, Masters and final year Honours students.
- Please note registration is not required.
- Sign in to the Library search box using your Western Account.
- Search for the resource you need and when the results are displayed, tick ‘Results beyond the Library's collection’.
- If you see the message: ‘Full text’ or ‘Available’ - access the resource via the link.
- If you see ‘No Full Text’, via this link, click on ‘Resource Sharing’ to access the prefilled document delivery form.
- If the resource is not found using the Library search box, use the online form and enter all known information about the required item in the fields provided
- Read and accept the Copyright declaration, then select the Request button.
Please note your request will be actioned faster with more complete information.
Requested items will usually be supplied within 5 to 10 working days. Delivery is dependent upon:
- Accuracy of the details provided in your request.
- Availability of the item.
- The supplying library’s response time.
- Postage time.
- Please check My Library for the status of your request.
Please note that processing times for document delivery requests will be delayed over the Christmas/New Year period.
You will be notified via email when an item has arrived. Electronic articles will be supplied as an email attachment.
Loan periods vary depending on the lending library's policy. Check the due date when borrowing the item.
Renewals are at the discretion of the lending library. Please contact us at least a week prior to the item’s due date to discuss.
Returning requested Document Delivery items
Items can be returned to any Western Sydney University Library, or by post.
To ensure your loan is returned correctly, the plastic Document Delivery strap must be attached to the item.
Late returns are subject to standard Western Sydney University Library fees.
Lost or damaged items are subject to replacement charges as set by the lending library.
Contact Document Delivery Service via email or telephone: +61 2 9852 5920.