To be eligible for ERA reporting, research outputs must meet the Australian Research Council’s definition of research as stated in the Submission Guidelines. The Submission Guidelines also classify research publications into categories:
- Books - authored research
- Chapters in research books
- Journal articles - refereed, scholarly journals as per the ERA Journal List
- Conference publications - full paper refereed
- Non-traditional research outputs (NTRO), such as creative works and research reports.
Any outputs that fall within ERA categories appear in ResearchDirect, Staff Profiles and the Research Portal, but only those outputs meeting ERA criteria contribute towards the research publication count displayed on the Portal. Journal articles meeting all ERA eligibility guidelines but not published in a journal on the ERA Journal list also contribute to this count, but are part of the ERA submission.
You can see how publications flow from ResearchDirect to other University systems, or for more information, set up a consultation with your School Librarian via WesternNow.