- Students wishing to use external services should register by submitting a Registration and copyright declaration form for electronic requests
- Requests for books, audio visual material, journal articles and book chapters may be placed using the request form
- Alternatively, the Library External Services Unit may be contacted via telephone (9am-4pm Monday -Friday), email, post or fax (24 hours, 7 days per week)
- NB: For email/fax and telephone requests, please provide name, ID number, full mailing address, and daytime phone number.
Books and audio visual materials
Postal loans are available for books and audio visual materials from Western Sydney University Library via the External Services Unit for external students residing in Australia. Borrowing conditions apply.
Journal articles and book chapters
This service provides photocopies of journal articles and book chapters held by Western Sydney University Library. The Australian Copyright Act (1968) requires that copies can only be provided if:
- You have not previously received a copy of the material
- The copy is required only for private study
- The volume of the copies material is less than or equal to 1 chapter or 10% of the book whichever is the greater
- You can request one article per journal issue, unless articles are on the same subject matter.
- The Library provides a range of e-resources for your assignments via the Library Searchbox and Subject guides which can be accessed off campus
- If you require assistance with essay or assignment topics worth more than 40% of the total mark contact your School Librarian. If required, lists of books and journal articles relevant to your essays or assignments will be sent to you by post or e-mail.