The Library obtains items not held by Western Sydney University Library to clients who meet the following eligibility criteria in support of teaching, learning and research.
- Current Western Sydney University staff
- PhD, Masters and final year Honours students enrolled in courses at Western Sydney University.
Please note, registration is not required.
Via Library Search Box
- Please login to the library search box using your WesternAccount
- If you are searching for a journal article, please tick ‘Results beyond the Library's collection’
- If you see the text: ‘Full text’ or ‘Available’ – access the resource via the link
- If you see ‘No Full Text’ – via this link, access the prefilled document delivery form
- Read and accept the Copyright declaration and click the Request button
Via online request form
- If the article or item is not found in the library search box, use the online form
- Enter all known information about the required item in the fields provided
- Please note, your request will be actioned faster with more complete information
- Read and accept the Copyright declaration, then click the Request button
View detailed instructions - Placing a Document Delivery Request
Tracking your requests
Requested items will usually be supplied within 5 to 10 working days. Delivery is dependent upon:
- Accuracy of the details provided in your request
- Availability and the supplying library
- Postage time
- Please check MyLibrary for the status of your request.
Please note that processing times for document delivery requests will be delayed over the Christmas/New Year period.
You will be notified via email when an item has arrived. Electronic articles will be supplied as an email attachment.
Loan periods vary depending on the lending library's policy. Check the due date when borrowing the item.
Please note that renewal requests cannot be accepted earlier than 1 week before the item’s due date
Returning a document delivery item
Items can be returned via any Western Sydney University Library return chute, or by post.
To ensure your loan is discharged correctly, the plastic Document Delivery strap must be attached to the item when it is returned.
Late returns are subject to standard Western Sydney University Library fees.
Contact Document Delivery Service via email or telephone: +61 2 9852 5920.