HILDA, LSAC, LSIC and BNLA Survey Datasets
Western Sydney University has signed an Organisational Deed of Licence for access to the Department of Social Services (DSS) longitudinal datasets.
The National Centre for Longitudinal Data (NCLD Dataverse) platform provides detailed information on:
- The Household, Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA) Survey
- Growing up in Australia: The Longitudinal Study of Australian Children (LSAC)
- Footprints in Time: The Longitudinal Study of Indigenous Children (LSIC)
- Building a New Life in Australia (BNLA): The Longitudinal Study of Humanitarian Migrants
IMPORTANT: Prospective applicants are encouraged to read the NCLD Access and Use Protocols (the Protocols) before applying. Visit the NCLD Dataverse Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information.
Individuals wanting access to the NCLD data and related material will first need to register with the Australian Data Archive (ADA) on the Dataverse site before they can create an account on the Dataverse site.
How to access the Survey data
- HILDA Survey data: Apply online for Release 16.0 onwards of the HILDA Survey data via the HILDA Dataverse site. Details of how to use the data are available from the HILDA Survey website.
- LSIC Survey data: Apply online for Release 9.0 onwards of the LSIC Survey data via the LSIC Dataverse site. Details on how to access and use the data are available from the Footprints in Time website.
- LSAC and BNLA Survey data: Contact your Data Manager email@example.com for a copy of the application form. Completed forms will be sent by your Data Manager to NCLD. If your request is approved by the Data Manager, you will receive an approval notification from DSS. If you have any questions about applying for the DSS longitudinal datasets, please email NCLD@dss.gov.au. The next releases of the LSAC and BNLA data will be made available through the Dataverse in 2018.
Note: If you are a student, please be advised that your supervisor must also apply independently for the same level dataset.