Eligibility Guidelines for an ISBN
Please check the eligibility guidelines below before requesting a ISBN.
- Western Sydney University must be the sole publisher. Copyright may be jointly held with an external body.
- Grey literature authored by a staff member (adjuncts included), student or organisational unit.
- Monographs authored by a staff member, student or organisational unit if accompanied by email approval from the chair of the relevant departmental research committee or equivalent.
- Print versions of Western Sydney University hosted conference proceedings (full-text, peer reviewed)
- Print research reports.
- Publication must contain a research component. Disputes will be resolved by the appropriate divisional Research Committee.
- Publication must be eligible for inclusion in ResearchDirect.
- Document must include a separate title page, author affiliation statement, copyright statement and acknowledgment of commissioning body if appropriate. Suggested citation and appropriate creative commons license are optional.
Note: A research report does not require an ISBN to meet the government guidelines or be eligible for National or State Legal Deposit.
Out of Scope:
- Western Sydney University theses.
- Draft documents.
- Project Reports prepared for funding bodies, unless they contain a research component.
- Learning and teaching materials.
Download a copy of the eligibility guidelines.
Please contact the Library Research Team for assistance.