Biomed Central and SpringerOpen
SpringerOpen includes Springer's portfolio of 200+ peer-reviewed fully open access journals across all areas of science.
BioMed Central (BMC) has an evolving portfolio of some 300 peer-reviewed journals, sharing discoveries from research communities in science, technology, engineering and medicine.
Authors publishing with BMC and SpringerOpen retain the copyright to their work, licensing it under the Creative Commons Attribution License which allows articles to be re-used and re-distributed without restriction.
How to access Western Sydney BioMed Central / SpringerOpen funds:
- Submission guidelines are available at http://www.biomedcentral.com/p/submission-guidelines-for-members
- When submitting, indicate the paper is eligible to access Western Sydney funds.
- Library receives notification of the request.
- If the paper meets the eligibility criteria, the request to access the funds will be approved. This does not guarantee publication.
- If the paper does not meet the criteria, the Library will advise the submitting and/or Western Sydney author. Responsibility for payment then rests with the author(s).
- Special requests by Deans/Directors should be directed where possible to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the paper being submitted.