Access your library from home in Spring Session
THE LIBRARY IS ACCESSIBLE WHILE STUDYING FROM HOME
Although our campus doors are temporarily closed, you can still access a large collection of library study resources and assistance online. Below is a list of key resources to complement your study from home.
- MyLibrary for viewing and renewing loan items.
- Access unit Reading Lists from your vUWS site under ‘Readings & Resources’.
- Subject Guides
- Search the catalogue for electronic books and journals and access them from home
- Library Study Smart website
- Library Online Tutorials: How to search, using Turnitin and more.
- Online Librarian
- Library FAQs
LIBRARY STUDY SMART.
Access expertise online while studying from home, by booking a Zoom consultation with a Library expert. One-to-one consultations run for 30 mins where you can seek advice about specific or general study topics. See below for more details and to book your consultation
Library Study Smart provides professional advice on academic writing, completing assignments and researching information. Learn how to improve your literacy skills for successful university life.
Zoom with a literacy expert to learn to:
- analyse and interpret assignment questions,
- plan and structure your assignment,
- develop a convincing academic argument,
- prepare for exams or develop specific study skills,
- search for and manage information well,
- reference and cite your sources correctly.
Book a one-to-one consultation with a literacy expert via the Study Smart website.
The Library Study Smart website also provides study guides and resources across a range of study topics
Before you hand your assignment in, get writing feedback from Studiosity. Upload your draft anytime from the My vUWS homepage or from the Support Zone in any vUWS unit site and receive writing feedback, usually within 24 hours.
You can also access help instantly from a Studiosity Subject Specialist with live chat, collaborative whiteboard and file sharing. Studiosity can be used up to 10 times per teaching session.