Exam study in the Library
Please consider noise when studying in the Library
With some students about to sit exams from 1 November, and others preparing assessments for submission, now is a great time to take advantage of the quiet, silent and shared study areas in the library. These spaces are created to meet your study preferences, and each have their own rules about acceptable noise levels.
Do you know your library noise levels?
SILENT STUDY AREAS
QUIET STUDY AREAS
OPEN STUDY AREAS
Moderate noise not heard beyond your group.
GROUP STUDY ROOMS
Moderate noise not heard beyond your room.
- Check the rules for each study space and ask Library staff at the Digital Service Desk if you have a question.
- Student group study rooms are not soundproof. Be aware that sound travels.
Maintaining a COVID safe environment in the Library.
We encourage you to observe physical distancing and the maximum numbers allowed in enclosed spaces in the Library.
Library Student Group Study rooms are open with restricted numbers.
- do not exceed the number of people displayed on the signage for the room
- maintain the required physical distancing between people
- restrict the number of people you gather with in the open study spaces
- do not exceed the number of people displayed on the signage for the open study area booths
Thank you for your assistance in keeping our libraries COVID safe.
Services and resources for exams and assessments.
Now is a great time to take advantage of some the resources and support available to you, including:
- Review past exam papers if you are preparing to commence exams next week.
- Study Smart Online, powered by Studiosity for writing feedback and general assignment writing advice.
- Zoom sessions with a literacy expert. Book a session to check your assignment referencing and citation in a one-to-one Zoom session with a Study Smart Librarian.
- The Library Study Smart website has an assignment calculator for planning assignments, tips on analysing and interpreting questions, and more.
- Seek assistance with maths and stats questions in the “I Don’t Get It” forum via Improve Your Maths in vUWS. Find out more on the MESH webpage.
- Watch a video of fellow students sharing some of their study tips.
Late night study with Library Study Hall.
Library Study Hall operates after the library closes, at identified campuses.
Access is restricted to Western students, staff and authorised Alumni, normal library rules regarding food and behaviour apply under Library study hall conditions.
Visit the Library Study Hall webpage for more information about after hours access, using your current Western ID card.