Borrowing and Renewing
Welcome to Western Sydney University Library. Our campus libraries are located at Bankstown, Campbelltown, Hawkesbury, Liverpool, Nirimba, Parramatta City, Parramatta South and Penrith. Current students and staff have access to an extensive range of services including both print and electronic resources via the campus libraries and the Library website.
The Library offers both personal assistance in the campus libraries and assistance for those accessing the Library remotely.
- Obtain your student card from your nearest campus or online. New staff should contact their supervisor to obtain a staff ID card.
- Your student/staff card is your Library card and may also be used as a stored credit facility for photocopying and printing, for late fee payment, and purchase of materials within the library.
- Library items may be borrowed from and returned to any of the campus libraries listed above. Return chutes are located within or near each library entrance
Please note: All overdue items attract late fees. To help you avoid fees, the library sends courtesy reminder notices 2 days prior to an item's due date.
Overdue and fees notices are sent as a courtesy only. You are responsible for the timely return of borrowed items irrespective of the receipt or non-receipt of email notices.
- Wherever possible, items should be borrowed and returned using the Self Service Machine located within the campus library
- You are responsible for all transactions on your record in the Library system.
- Lost cards or change of address should be reported to the Library.
LIBRARY LOANS POLICY
The purpose of the Library Loans Policy is to ensure equity in access to and availability of library collections across the University. The policy outlines important information about borrowing library items.