COVID-19 Announcement: 19th March, 2020
Western Sydney University Library is taking several actions to protect the safety and wellbeing of our staff and students in response to the Australian Government recommendations about COVID-19.
From Thursday, 19th March 2020:
- The Library will take measures to de-intensify the use of spaces by limiting the number of visitors to under 500 in each campus library, at any one time. On some campuses at peak times, you may be asked to delay your entry to the library.
- Each campus library will have a single entry and exit point.
- Where available, swipe-only access to buildings with your Western Sydney University ID card will be implemented.
- The Library will be open for Western Sydney University and The College students and staff only. In the present circumstances, children are not permitted to accompany parents/siblings into the Library.
- Physical access to libraries for Alumni and other non-WSU clients is paused for the foreseeable future. (Alumni have some access to e-resources).
- Existing ULANZ, corporate and community registrations please contact Library Information Central for more advice. New registrations have been temporarily suspended.
- We have increased cleaning schedules through all libraries.
- Study Hall will not operate on Saturday or Sunday evenings from 28th March 2020.
- There will be reduced numbers allowed in student Group Study Rooms. Please refer to room signage for further details.
Library staff will be observing the social distancing recommendations and encourage all library visitors to do so to ensure their own health and to avoid putting others at risk. Please maintain the recommended social distancing space of 1.5m when interacting with a Library staff member or other students.
You will see new signage on some library computers and facilities which enables the implementation of social distancing. Not all library computers will be accessible due to social distancing recommendations.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we work together through this unprecedented situation.
Off campus access:
Many of the Library services and resources are available online can be accessed remotely:
- Library Information Central for queries.
- Off Campus access to resources.
- Library Online Tutorials: How to search, using Turnitin and more.
- Subject Guides.
- Study Smart Online.
- Study Smart online tools & resources.
- Study Break: Popular Print Books, eBooks, Audiobooks.