Readings & Resources Lists
The Library offers a reading list service which provides students easy access to the prescribed, essential and additional resources they need to succeed in the subject in one easy place via vUWS. It also helps the University to manage copyright and mitigate risk by managing electronic copying limits, reporting and other requirements of the statutory licences contained in the Copyright Act.
Reading lists can provide quick links to electronic resources, scanned chapters, links to physical books and other online education resources (OERs).
School Librarians work with teaching staff to:
- Provide advice on curriculum resources for reading lists for new or existing subjects. This includes looking for digital alternatives to print material.
- Request a collection impact statement to include with a new program proposal.
If you are a staff member using the University’s Learning Guide Management System, the reading list items within the Learning Guide will be automatically received by the Library once it has been approved. The Library will then create a Readings & Resources list with links to either the electronic resources or to the Library catalogue entry for physical items. The Library will source electronic resources as a priority, to support equitable and sustainable practices. You should allow 6-8 weeks on average for new items to be received.
If your Learning Guide is not submitted via the Learning Guide Management System, please send it to email@example.com.
If you require Additional Resources added to the Readings & Resources list which are not listed in the Learning Guide, please submit them via the online form. If you require changes to Prescribed Texts or Essential Resources please speak to your School Librarian and submit them to the TSC - Tracking Subject Changes Form for approval.
To request any additional items be placed in Reserve Collection, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and include:
- Unit Coordinator's name
- Requestor's name (if different to the Unit Coordinator)
- Unit name
- Unit number
- Name of the School
- Intended session
- Nominated reserve location
- Any other relevant details.
Reserve Collection items will:
- Remain in Reserve Collection for the relevant teaching period only.
- Be limited to a maximum of 20 items per unit at the campus where the unit is taught.
- Contain one copy only of each title at the campus where the unit is taught.
|Processing timelines after approved Learning Guide is received||Service|
|4-6 weeks prior to start of teaching period/agreed deadline|
|2-3 weeks prior to start of teaching period/agreed deadline|
|Under 2 weeks prior to start of teaching period/agreed deadline|