Fees and Penalties
To ensure fair access to Library resources for all library clients, fees accrue for the late return of items.
When items are overdue or overdue fees reach $10, all Library borrowing privileges are suspended.
Fees are incurred for the late return of all items. The return date is indicated in your My Library record.
- Standard items incur a fee of $1.00 per item per DAY or part thereof
- Electronic device loans incur a fee of $10.00 per HOUR or part thereof
- Reserve Room material incurs a fee of $2.00 per item per HOUR or part thereof
- Recalled items not returned by designated date incur a fee of $2.00 per item per DAY or part thereof
Library notices are sent as a courtesy only. At all times, clients are responsible for the timely return of borrowed items irrespective of the receipt/non-receipt of notices.
Lost items: A standard fee of $100 (minimum) plus a $25 processing fee, applies per missing item ($125 in total). If the item is found and returned within 6 months of payment being made, a partial refund may apply. Please Note: "Lost" items returned to the Library will incur a $25 late fee plus a $25 processing fee.
Lost items may be replaced by an identical copy, in good order, of same edition or later. Replacing a missing item incurs a processing fee of $25.
Damaged items: Damaged materials will incur a fee, normally equivalent to replacement fee.
Lost or damaged electronic devices
- A replacement fee, levied at the current market price plus a $25 processing fee applies per lost or stolen device
- Damaged or lost power supplies may incur a fee, normally equivalent to the replacement cost of the power supply
- Other damages to an electronic device will incur fees as assessed by the Library, normally equivalent to the repair cost
Lost cards: Student Central is responsible for replacing lost student and staff cards
Payment of fees may be made in one of the following ways:
OneStop: secure online credit card payment service. Processed by the Library the next working day.
A printed copy of the receipt will be required if you wish to have your library record cleared immediately, or if payments are queried at a later date.
In any Western Sydney University Library: Payment can be made via the ePay Kiosk, or by cheque made out to "Western Sydney University Library". The Library DOES NOT accept cash.
Cheque payments: Cheques should be made payable to Western Sydney University Library and accompanied by information clearly indicating the client’s name, address and/or student/staff ID number. They may be presented to staff at a campus library service desk or posted to:
Western Sydney University
Locked Bag 1797
Penrith, NSW, 2751
When paying Library fees, please ensure that you do not pay more than the total fees owing. No refunds are provided for over-payment.