Learning Skills Teams
The Library is a strategic partner in supporting our students’ academic literacy development. Our Learning Skills Teams liase with academics and teaching support staff to deliver a range of learning activities and resources that can help students become more confident learners, produce better results, enhance learning outcomes and improve retention and progression.
Academic literacies encompass writing, academic integrity, information literacy, professional literacy, numeracy, digital literacy, and the various skills required across and within disciplines.
Library Learning Skills Teams offer a wide range of literacy support services, including:
- Academic and information literacy tutorials, workshops and webinars
- Expert advice on embedding and scaffolding academic literacies into curricula
- Academic integrity instruction and educative support in cases of academic misconduct
- Advice on managing your reading lists in vUWS, Unit Outlines and Learning Guides
- Creating self-help learning resources on the Library Study Smart and vUWS websites
Contact the Academic Integrity Officer to discuss academic integrity and plagiarism instruction.